Dr. John Psarouthakis, Executive Editor, www.BusinessThinker.com. Founder and former CEO, JP Industries, Inc, a Fortune 500 industrial corporation. Adjunct professor, Strategy and Acquisitions, Ross School of Management, University of Michigan
This is the second of short articles of my thoughts about Leading and Managing winning companies.
Winning leaders are strongly motivated toward success and have the ability to motivate others to accept change and transition and win in competition.
Such Leaders energize others when personally interact with them.
Successful business leaders are able to:
1) Have a Vision that can clearly be communicated to employees and other company constituencies;
2) Create an unconventional strategy directed in upsetting the key factors the competition has based its strategy on, by challenging the accepted assumptions, within ethical and legal bounds, that govern the way competitors conduct their business, for example, upset the status quo and therefore achieve a novel and powerful competitive advantage;
3) Find and achieve a relative advantage against the company’s competitors, by either advantage in technology and profitability and / or identify relative advantages in the position of its assets and the competition;
4) Put together a uniquely competent and well motivated Team
5) Organize the management structure to be efficient without losing sight of product quality and service.
6) Readjust the company’s available resources in such a way that will enable the company to increase its market share and profitability;
7) Introduce innovations, such as opening new markets-expanding overseas and / or the development and introduction of new products and services.