Dr. John Psarouthakis, Executive Editor of www.BusinessThinker.com, Founder and former CEO, JP Industries, Inc., a Fortune 500 industrial corporation, Adjunct Professor(ret.), Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
President Trump promised that he will bring back manufacturing jobs that in recent years moved to other more “competitive” countries. That is a great objective for our employment and economic expansion.
I wish him success.
In late 2012 I wrote a book titled “Th Technology Imperative: What Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! Really Means in the 21st Century”
Here are issues addressed in my book. Certain brief summaries have been posted and the others will be posted. The linkages are shown just under the headings.
- Some Things Are Not Reversible http://businessthinker.com/some-things-are-not-reversible/
- To Solve a Problem, First Define It
- Forget planned obsolescence; it will happen, planned or not
- The other elephant in the room (and every room in the whole world)
- Why progress always ‘puts some people out of work’
- Manufacturing, despite all that, remains crucial to our economy
- Education isn’t everything, but it’s close
- So can we ‘define the problem’ now?
- The problem defined
- Avoiding dystopia
- In addition to bringing back jobs here is a suggested solution for expanding our economy and maintaining improving employment:
“The Technology Imperative: What Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! Really Means in the 21st Century”, John Psarouthakis, Gavdos Press, October 2012.
Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org