And in developing a plan for how you plan to go about buying a company, resolving the following issues at the outset will affect the types of investors you will attract and potentially, how successful your search will be:
- Where will you go for the money?
- Who will help you in your search?
- What personal arrangements will you need to make until you find and purchase the company?
- How do you plan to find the right company?
- What is your exit strategy? That is, how will investors be able to get their initial investment out of the business over time?
Clarifying these issues in your mind will advance your efforts at selecting the appropriate company.
Reference: “How to Acquire the Right Business”
by John Psarouthakis and Lorraine Uhlaner